February the first was Hourly Comic Day 2018. Another trip around the sun, another day to make a comic for every hour awake.
I point out every year that mine aren’t done in real-time: That’s just silly, even on a weekend, and this was a workday! While people on Twitter were apologising for posting theirs “late” on February 4th, here was I… this time, my “hourly” comics took 8-10 days. I can offer you a range of excuses, from a couple of freelance project deadlines, overtime at work, and even having a cold. But here we are: It’s good practice, and I can look back at previous years.
As this involves taking notes, then drawing onto paper, inking, scanning, arranging and uploading, maybe I should try going purely digital… I bought a stylus to use on my touchscreen laptop at Xmas.
Click below to read this year’s comic!
- The Springbok is a symbol of the Friendship Associations (and the South African Rubgy team). I’m off on to visit family in South Africa at the end of the month!
- I’ve nothing against Owain the Weatherman, but he’s no Lisa Gallagher. Well, to his husband, I guess he is.
- I actually own a top hat and tails. That’s a story for another time.
- We bought a new smaller and simpler 4G Hub from EE that afternoon. It arrived in less than 24 hours.
- The main topics at the retirement do were ‘criminal capers’ and ‘vintage cars’.
- Bruno Mars’ Finesse is the 90s resurgent.
- Did you know that Outlook bases its webcode off Microsoft Word? It needs so many compatability workarounds, it should really be retired / rebuilt.